Sunday, January 28, 2018

Declutter #2

So last weekend, I cleaned out my dresser.  I ended up with one bag of clothes for GoodWill and two bags for the trash.

Here are some goodies I had hiding in my dresser:

Christmas 1959 

 Christmas 1960

Apparently my brother is the only one who enjoyed these photo sessions. :)

This weekend I worked on the closet -- part of it anyway -- my side, my stuff.

Here are some before pictures:




I didn't think I'd get very far but here's what it looks like now.



You can't really tell, but it's much cleaner.  Three more goodwill bags and a big bag of garbage.

Here's one of the goodies I found in there:



One shoe from my oldest son's first pair of shoes.  He had some sort of bone thing with his feet (possibly metatarsus adductus) and had to wear these shoes on the wrong feet  (so this was his right shoe).  There were a bunch of other well-worn baby shoes, but I tossed those.  I meant to take a picture, but it looks like I forgot...

Ah, well.  Done with the bedroom.  Now to the linen closet....




1 comment:

Kate said...

Closets are always hard to declutter. We did ours last year and it was so nice afterwards. Very fun holiday pictures of yesteryear. Good luck with the rest of your decluttering journey.

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...