Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Trip to Seattle, Part II

On Sunday, the final day of my Seattle visit with Nevada, after having breakfast, we walked down to the Pike Place Market again.  This time we walked all over the Market.  Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures.



The have a wonderful comic book store -- and look who was out front : two of my favorite Doctors!!


There were so many things to see, I just forgot to take pictures.  There were used book stores, and flower places, and food places, and artsy places.  Just about anything you want, they have.


The tiles for the restrooms were pretty fun .. I should have taken pictures of all the different entrances I saw.


We then decided to walk to the Space Needle by way of the Puget Sound.  I took this picture of the cruise liner waiting for passengers.  I think this is where you board to go to Alaska.


We walked through Olympic Sculpture Park before heading away from the water.  This is one of the many cool sculptures.  Don't know if you can tell how huge this is but it is over 45 feet tall, see more here.

and then we got to the Space Needle ...



We didn't go up in it; we'll save that for the next trip, maybe.  We wandered back to her apartment (only about a 15 minute walk from the Needle) and then we were off to the airport.  On the way we could see Mount Ranier .. with snow.


And that was my weekend in Seattle.  Until next time ...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you got in most of the sites downtown. We were in Seattle last July. We did go up in the Space Needle, but didn't make it down to the Market. Now I really wish we had.

Katie said...

When I go to Seattle it’s raining and freezing the whole time. Others go and it’s perfect blue skies! Lol

2024 : Week 11 - March 11 - 17

    March 11 - llama socks     March 13 - swimming         March 14 - hanging at the pool       March 15       March 16 - easter smashpillow...